Carl van Roon
Carl van Roon is a New Zealand Martial Artist and Performance coach, holding a 4th Degree in ITF Taekwon-Do and black belts in multiple martial arts. Carl is most well known for his success in competitive ITF Taekwon-Do and more recently the MMA octagon.
His accomplishments are almost unrivaled, including :
- 2 x Grand Champion (Best Overall Competitor) of the ITF World Championships 2009 & 2011
- 5 x ITF Taekwon-Do World Champion in ‘Special technique’ 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011
- New Zealand’s only Senior ITF World Champion in Sparring: Gold Medalist in -80kg sparring in 2011
- 4 x ITF Taekwon-Do World Champion / World Cup Champion in traditional (prearranged) sparring 2012, 2013, 2015, 2017
- 4 x ITF Taekwon-Do World Champion in ‘Team Special Technique’
- 2 x ISKA Sport Karate ‘World Gold Cup’ Champion 2010 & 2016
- Former Captain of the WAKO Kickboxing New Zealand National Team
- All Japan Seishinkan Karate Champion 2007
While he has represented NZ overseas in several combat sports, his results in ITF Taekwon-Do place him as one of the sport’s most successful International competitors produced in the past decade.
Carl van Roon holds a Masters Degree in Sport and Exercise Science from University of Auckland and works in the field of research into use of mental skills to enhance performance. He is the managing director of Van Roon Martial Arts.
His academic qualifications include:
- Masters Degree in Sport & Exercise Science – Mindset Coaching
- Post-Graduate Diploma – Exercise Rehabilitation
- Bachelors Degree – Sport & Exercise Science
He is currently based in Auckland, New Zealand, and travels frequently to compete and conduct seminars Internationally.
Carl van Roon is a nominee in the ITF Hall of Fame Outstanding Athlete category.
Watch Carl in action: